Gentle Lase/Yag Laser Hair Removal
Laser or Intense Pulsed Light used safely and effectively to destroy hair follicles beneath the surface of the skin. The treatment may be performed on any area of the body and on any skin type if the correct source of light is used. Treatments are spaced 4-8 weeks apart. Common areas of treatment for men and women include the legs, chest, face, abdomen, back, bikini line and underarms.
FAQ about Laser Hair Removal
Does it Hurt?
We have found that the level of discomfort varies depending on several factors:
The area that is receiving treatment. Some areas are more sensitive than others.Individual Tolerance. Everybody has their own threshold of tolerance.Skin and Hair type. Coarse Hair might cause more discomfort than fine hair.Overall, laser hair removal causes very little discomfort in comparison to waxing. If you have concerns we can prescribe numbing cream, although we have found that most of our Guests do not require it.
How Much does it Cost?
Treatment costs vary with the size of the area treated, the hair and skin type, and the number of treatments that will be requried. For instance, the cost to do a man's chest varies depending on how much hair is present, and where. If the hair is coarse, it might take more treatments. For the most part, laser hair removal will cost you less in the long run than razors, shaving cream, waxing, etc.; not to mention the time saved year after year. Since the cost of laser hair removal is very individualized it is important to schedule a complimentary consultation to review your needs with one of our Guest Services experts.
Who performs the treatments?
All of our treatments are performed by Medical Professionals who are extensively trained in laser hair removal, and all of our locations are under the supervision of a physician. We also have an external training program, certification process and continuing education requirements.
Is it Permanent?
After extensive testing, the FDA approved lasers for permanent hair reduction in 1995. Since the technology has not been around for a lifetime yet, it would be misleading to say that laser hair removal lasts a lifetime. One thing is for sure, once you visit Paradise Cosmetic Med Spa, you will meet staff members and see testimonials from people who have not waxed, tweezed or shaved in years!
Clearly, it's effective or we wouldn't be in business!!!
Who is a candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
At Paradise Cosmetic Med Spa we have FDA approved lasers to accommodate different skin tones. Our current clients include all different skin colors and ethnicities. Darker hair is treated more effectively while treatments performed on red, blonde, and gray/white hair are generally not effective. It is important to schedule your no obligation, complimentary consultation to see for yourself if Paradise Cosmetic Med Spa is right for you.
What are your Pre and Post Hair Treatment Expectations?
Pre Hair Removal Treatment Expectations
1. Do not wax, tweeze or use hair removal creams at anytime during the treatment.
2. We may prescribe a compounded anestetic numbing cream. Apply a small amount of cream to the area and rub in thoroughly. If you are applying this cream to your legs, (thighs or lower legs, but not both) your full bakc, your full chest or both arms, DO NOT use it on any other body area on the same treatment date. Legs, backs, chests and arms requiring medication must each be treated on separate dates. Other areas not requiring this medication may be treated on the same date. This perscription should last for most or all of your treatments. Pregnant and nursing mothers can not use numbing cream. Inform us of any pre-existing heart conditions.
3. It is important to stay out of the sun for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to treatment. This includes tanning beds and self-tanning creams. We cannot treat anyone with a sunburn or fresh tan.
4. Please shave the area to be treated within 24 hours before your treatment. We can do a little touch up but shaving large areas is best done in the comfort of your home.
5. It is best not to wear make up on an area to be treated; but you can always remove it before your laser session. ALL skin products MUST be revoved thoroughly prior to laser treatment.
6. Guests undergoing bikini line hair removal should wear a narrow cut panty or swim suit.
7. If the area we are treating requires disrobing, you will be given a gown. In general, most clients are able to keep some or all of their clothes on during the procedure.
8. Please be on time for your appointment. We make every effort to ensure our Guests do not have to wait. We reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you are late or have not complied with the pre-treatment instructions.
9. We recommend that you not use Retin-A two weeks prior to treatment if the Retin-A product causes skin irritation or inflammation in the area. You may resume Retin-A after your laser treatment unless your skin is irritated from the laser. In that case, we recommend waiting until your skin returns to normal following laser treatment.
10. Prior to your appointment, please make arrangements with someone to watch your children.
Post Hair Removal Treatment Expectations.
1. All Guests should avoid the sun for 1 week and thereafter use a sun block (SPF minimum 50 with zinc).
2. Small red areas may be present directly around individual hairs. This is normal. If a burning sensation occurs, apply ice for 20 minutes, rest 20 minutes and reapply as necessary. One method that works well involves placing a damp washcloth in the freezer. Once frozen, remove and place it over the area. It will them mold to any curved surfaces, especially in the face.
3. Typically treated hairs may fall out over a 7-21 day period. As the hair follicle dissipates, you may remove the dead hairs before they fall out if you desire. The hair may also appear stunned and will not grow in length as before.
4. We recommend using moisturizers and other skin care products after laser treatment. Please follow the instructions for best results.